Sunday, February 19, 2006

Going out in style

After turning in my keys yesterday, I hosted a party for Elle's 50th birthday at the restaurant, which I had planned well before knowing it would be my last day. It was strange to be 'just a customer' - but I was very proud of the food and service. I can't think of a better way to leave a job.

A friend gave me a copy of a monthly Detroit magazine called "Hour". The March issue is the food issue which crowns the Detroit metro area's restaurant of the year for 2005 and highlights the 17 best new spots in town. This friend told me he hoped that next year's issue would feature my new place. Guess what? XXXXX, the restaurant that mine is modeled after (and owned by my company), is one of those 17 best new restaurants in Detroit! At the end of the section talking about it they name XXXXXX (my new place) as set to open soon. It's nice to be anticipated...any bets to if I'll make the 2006 list?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure, David, I'll put up a six-pack that you'll be right up there! We all have every confidence in you!